Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dahi Baigan/Brinjal

Ingredients
2 small brinjal/baigan
Few curry leaves and coriander leaves(chopped)
Panch phuran (mustard, fenugreek,cumin, kalajeera, fennel seed )
250gm of curd
1 green chili(slit lengthwise)
1/2 inch ginger(minced)
Few flakes of garlic(minced)(Optional)
Few chopped onions(Optional)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp roasted cumin powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp sugar
Salt to taste

Method

Cut brinjal into 2-inch long pieces.
Mix turmeric powder and salt in brinjal.
Deep fry the brinjal pieces and keep aside..
Mix curd gently with sugar, salt ,little water and fried brinjals.
Heat oil in a pan ,put the panch phuran and allow them to splutter.
Add green chillies,curry leaves and ginger(u can add minced garlic and chopped onions here) and fry them.
Then add it to brinjal .
Garnish with roasted cumin powder,chilli powder and coriander leaves.
Serve as a side dish....

2 comments:

  1. Dear Mugdha
    How are you? Thanks for your nice comment at my blog. I was travelling a lot to Bangalore, Gujarat and to ..guess where? to Athgarh, Cuttack and Bhubaneswar. It was a trip to Orissa after many decades. Ate only Pitha , chakuli, santula, dalma for b-fast, lunch and dinner. My friends and their husbands/wives got bored feeding me only pitha all the time. I got some Haldi patra, but the enduri here was a great disaster. I know where I did the mistake,,will do it correctly next time.
    I like this dahi baigana recipe. Never tried garlic and onion, will try. In fact I made Dahi Vendi yesterday. But nothing to match dahi baigana
    So you have shifted out of Gurgaon , I can see in your profile. :-)
    Let me see what all the great dishes I have missed here .
    Bhala thiba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its nice 2 get ur comments n my blog...i ws missing it badly..:-)
    seems ur trip ws gr8..i also love pitha and dalma v.much..
    in this recipe u can use bhendi or even cauliflower or Khada n place of baigan...but dahi baigan is always at top...my fav..im in kolkata now and eating misti doi,sandesh etc...and really loving it..(:-D

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for visiting my blog,your comments will be more helpfull for me...Hope to see U again...:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Bird Gadget